Thomas Gonya
Education
I am currently enrolled at Purdue University, studying about drone technology. This will be my 5th year at Purdue. I originally came here to be an airplane pilot, but figured out that was not for me. I did however receive my private pilots license and got some great experience in a field that is closely related to drones. After the drone major here at Purdue was formed I decided that this was what I wanted to focus on for the rest of my college career. From being in the drone program so far, I have received experience with mostly quad-copters and a few fix winged aircraft. I have a little Pixhawk 4D experience and some other auto pilot experience as well.
Interests
I became interested in flying drones when the major at Purdue was formed. I took one class to figure out if I enjoyed it, and I feel in love with the technology. Before Purdue I had no experience with drones. I enjoy the different functionality that drones have, and the endless uses and possibilities that drones can be used for. I am not sure what exactly I want to use drones for in my future, but I know I want to help people. I would love to find a new application for drones and start my own business but I know that goal is for a long way in my future. I am interested in learning more about drones so that someday I can use them to help others in a way that no one has thought of yet!
No comments:
Post a Comment